BIM User Guide
This guide is designed to help you use BIM Objects within Revit 2014.
Loading the Hush Acoustic Flooring System
These components have been created as a flooring System family with configurations pre-defined as ‘types’. You can add the component into the project using the following method.
- Open the Revit file containing your project and navigate to an appropriate
- Now save the component that you downloaded from BIMStore to your desired location on your computer (in line with your company protocols).
- To load the component into the project, go to the download file from BIMStore, select the desired floor build-up, copy (Ctrl/cmd + C) and then paste (Ctrl/cmd + V) them into the desired project.
- Once the samples have been placed in the project you can then delete the items you placed, the build-ups will remain within the project.
Choosing a Flooring System Family
Use the appropriate flooring option which for your project.
If your project has a floor family in place, simply select the Properties Button to open the properties tab, then select the floor component you wish to change and select the dropdown menu located at the top of the properties tab.
Select your desired flooring type from the system. Each Component of the flooring system has been included as a separate floor type and material which can be added to your own.
Loading the Absorber Families
These components have been created as a Face-based family with standard configurations pre-defined as ‘types’. You can add the component into your project using this method.
1. Use the appropriate flooring option for your project.
2. Face-based families can be placed on another piece of geometry or a work plane, working in plan use ‘Place on Vertical Face’ for 3D or Elevation based work use ‘Place on Face’.
3. To change the orientation of the family, press ‘Space’ and it will rotate 90 degrees on the face it is attached to. the rotate tool (located under the modify tab) can also be used by selecting a rotation point on the family (preferably the corner).