Delivery service we offer:
1. Hush Acoustics deliver all products via external hauliers as a way of ensuring we have full UK coverage and can keep delivery times as quick as possible. We use a combination of parcel couriers, pallet networks and trunk haulage. This covers everything from small boxes, various pallet sizes and large bulk deliveries. Our operations team will decide on the appropriate delivery method when an order is placed.
Please note we do not run our own fleet of delivery vehicles.
2. All pallet deliveries from Hush Acoustics come palletised on either, 4×4 (1.2m x 1.2m), 6×4 (1.8m x 1.2m) or 8×4 (2.4m x1.2m) pallets depending on the product purchased. All pallets come with protective corners, cardboard, banding and are securely shrink-wrapped.
3. All haulage companies that are used by Hush Acoustics have been vetted thoroughly by the Manager Director and Operations Manager to ensure they deliver exceptional service when handling Hush Acoustics products. The pallet networks that have been specifically chosen by Hush specialise in:
Small Consignment Freight: Orders that are 1 to 6 pallets: Once the order is dispatched from Hush, it can be delivered on next day or 48-hour services to pretty much everywhere in the UK via a multi-site logistics network.
Full and Half Load Services: Any order that is six 8×4 pallets or more: The strategic depot network means that Hush can deliver throughout the UK at a schedule that meets your requirements as long as we are given 48-hour notice prior to the delivery date.
Delivery hours are between 8 am- 5 pm Monday Friday.
Time slots available:
1. If a package is placed as a standard delivery this will arrive at the required destination between 8 am-5 pm on that working day. The pallet network can advise a two hour estimated delivery slot, however, please be mindful this is an estimated time of arrival (ETA) and it is not always accurate. For an ETA, please call the Hush Customer Services team on 01519332026 on the morning of the scheduled delivery.
2. On request, Hush Acoustics can book an AM or a PM delivery to suit our client. An AM delivery slot can be booked which is between 9 am-12noon at an additional charge of
3. On request, the pallet network also offers timed delivery slots which is a 2-hour delivery slot. There is an additional charge of £25.00.
Hush Acoustics will do their utmost to ensure every delivery goes as smoothly as possible however we can only do this when all the delivery information is given to us by a customer or client.
The pallet network has several types of delivery vehicles available from:
LARGE VAN – Those products which are small enough to fit in a box and can be taken off by the customer by hand and do not require any assistance
7.5 TONNE – This is needed when the delivery site is in a rural area with narrow lanes or on a city-centre high street. The load must not be heavier than 3500kg.
17.5 TONNE/CITY TRAILER – This is a rigid heavy goods vehicle. This type of vehicle is needed when the delivery site is a city centre-based and the products weigh heavier than 3500kg.
26 TONNE ARCTIC – This is the largest heavy goods vehicle available to Hush. The external hauliers will aim to use these vehicles where possible, which may cause an issue for our client if they are not expecting it. We urge our clients/customers to inform us if they feel site can’t take large delivery vehicles. Please be
aware that this vehicle is not suitable for domestic properties/rural areas/city centres and restricted access.
Hush Acoustics aims to inform our clients through this document that the above delivery vehicles do not have any offload facilities i.e. forklift trucks, crane, or pump truck.
Hush Acoustics does have access to some offload facilities but this will be an additional charge. Hush will NOT deliver with offload facilities unless agreed with the customer at the time of ordering. Should a client need an offload on site this must be discussed when the enquiry is placed with Hush Acoustics to ensure additional charges are not unexpected.
Hush Acoustics can offer a tail lift and pump truck offload for small pallets as a free of charge service, however, tail lift offload can only lift a maximum weight of 1 tonne and is for 4×4 pallets only. Our clients should discuss this with the Hush Customer Services team when placing an order.
A Moffatt Offload facility (FLT offload) is available via the pallet network, however, they are subject to availability and therefore Hush Acoustics needs at least 72-hour notice prior to the delivery date. This service comes as an extra cost which will vary depending on the number of products and delivery postcode. A Moffatt Offload should be discussed at the enquiry level so that the costings can be considered. If our client does not inform us of any offload requirement, we will base our delivery on
a standard delivery service without offload.
– Customer or client’s labourers using their own hands to offload the products from the vehicle.
This is available however all Hush Acoustics deliveries are kerbside deliveries only which means the driver will not wait whilst the product is taken into any property or further from the kerb. Please be aware that the maximum amount of product that Hush recommends to be handball is 2 8×4 pallet which can vary on the product and weight. There is an extra charge for handball which is £15.00 per pallet.
It is the driver’s discretion if he/she helps to handball, the driver is not under any obligation to help when assisting with offloading products by hand.
Please be aware when choosing the option to handball products please ensure there is plenty of men on-site at least 4-6 men to help take products off.
There is free of charge waiting time up to 30 minutes which is to allow products to be taken off via hand by plenty of men on site, however, any time after 30 minutes there is a charge of £40.00 for every extra 30 minutes.
Hush Acoustics staff are happy to give advice and guidance when it comes to deliveries to ensure the customers’ journey from start to finish is a smooth and joyful experience.
If you have any delivery enquires or any questions in regards to the advice given in this letter please do not hesitate to give Hush Acoustics a call on 0151 922 7373 or email our Operations Manager